Search the web

Custom Search

Saturday 9 July 2011

McDonalds Breakfast @ Adlabs, Kalyani Nagar

McDonalds recently launched their breakfast menu, served between 7 AM and 11AM everyday.
A friend and colleague recommended it.

The big blow up photos on placards of the breakfast did look very appealing and I thought it was worth checking out.

Breakfast Options.
The options are pancakes with maple syrup, Veg. McMuffin, Sausage McMuffin, Sausage McMuffin with egg, Hash browns and lastly Egg and Cheese McMuffin. The first two are the only options for vegetarians.

I tried the the McMuffin Sausage with egg meal combo and a side order of the pancakes with maple syrup.

The meal combos include a McMuffin as above, 1 piece Hash brown and a cup of Georgia coffee.

If I have to describe a McMuffin burger, it is basically  a chicken/veg patty, sitting on top of a patty shaped fried egg, both sandwiched between two regular McDonalds burger buns.

McMuffin
A first bite into the Sausage McMuffin with egg and ...it ... was ... (chewing)... (chewing)...(chewing)


 ... BLAND AND TASTELESS.


I really was expecting much more from the breakfast. Maybe a herb or two in the egg, maybe even a dash of salt. I could taste nothing. I needed to add a huge helping of ketchup on top of the burger with every bite to get some taste. Maybe liking masaledaar food and being Indian are a bit of a bias against it.

Hash Browns
My comparison of the Hash Browns are with the Hash Browns that I have had in the U.K. The Hash Browns served in McDonalds are one large chunk, roughly 2 inches long and one inch wide, unlike in the U.K. where you get a few chunks of small bite size. I was expecting... nay, hoping ...that the Hash browns be close to 90% the way the U.K. ones were. Sadly, I was grossly disappointed.
The Hash Browns were way too oily. It tasted of the oil rather than any flavouring of the Hash Browns, which is really bad because Hash Browns have a very subtle taste in the first place and when that taste is overwhelmed by the taste of the oil, it leaves you unhappy. Another struggle to finish, due to the oily nature. Weight watchers, people with cholesterol and heart issues, best avoid the Hash  Browns.

Georgia Coffee
Honestly, I am more of a tea person than a coffee person, however, I do enjoy coffee also. My favourite has to be Nescafe coffee. The Georgia coffee at McDonalds never did catch my fancy, ever.
Some how I just never like them.
A coffee lover could better judge the coffee.


Pancakes
The saving grace of the breakfast were the pancakes with maple syrup. Not that they were extraordinary, but after being disappointed earlier, this was a welcome change.
The Pancakes were soft, also tasteless on their own, but applying a nice layer of butter on it  and then another layer of maple syrup on top of that, then biting into it was close to heaven.
The maple syrup quality was also very good and reminded me of Aunt Jemima's maple syrup.


Overall, I will not recommend or go back for this breakfast menu. If I feel a REALLY STRONG craving for the pancakes and maple syrup, I may just re-visit, not otherwise.

Pricing
Sausage McMuffin without egg, meal combo :- Rs. 84
Sausage McMuffin with egg, meal combo :- Rs. 94
Pancakes with maple syrup :- Rs. 59.
All prices inclusive of taxes.

Timings:7 AM to 11AM.


More info and Menu at McDonalds Breakfast Menu website.



Disclaimer. Like my blog? Read this to know how you can help sustain it.
Fancy some shopping? 

Flipkart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

No ads and spam please. Only proper user/reader comments